-=[UO]=- Alliance Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-=[UO]=- Black Ops Server has been activated!

+4
BL8M@sT3R
IvanhoeKX
thed_id
Zerofr@G!
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

-=[UO]=- Black Ops Server has been activated! - Page 2 Empty Re: -=[UO]=- Black Ops Server has been activated!

Post  Iron Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:30 pm

By the way, I have changed my server type to TDM for the time being.

Looking for opinions, what do you guys think if I banned certain countries from the server, so as to even out the playing field more in terms of the lag advantage?

Iron

Back to top Go down

-=[UO]=- Black Ops Server has been activated! - Page 2 Empty Re: -=[UO]=- Black Ops Server has been activated!

Post  Zerofr@G! Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:29 pm

Iron wrote:By the way, I have changed my server type to TDM for the time being.

Looking for opinions, what do you guys think if I banned certain countries from the server, so as to even out the playing field more in terms of the lag advantage?

I personally won't do that unless it makes actual gameplay really laggy due to really high pingers. If it is done for the purpose of denying players with lower ping then i think it's not necessary. I am not a really competitive player so i don't really worry about facing up against players who have local ping advantage. Yes they have the advantage but a lot also comes from using tactics to flank and go around enemies and achieving objectives for the team. Having the most frag doesn't necessarily equates to being the most valuable player on the field.
Zerofr@G!
Zerofr@G!
Admin

https://uosg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Losty Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:39 am

Agree with Zerofrag. Your server is just established and you will require patrons to come and play often. Server not located in SG is already a disadvantage and if you ban certain country players and limiting your server, you may find an even lower server patronage. Just let people come and play often, after a while when you have a stable input of players then maybe you can consider your suggestion. Very Happy
Losty
Losty

Back to top Go down

Post  Iron Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:37 pm

Shrug, am just gonna leave it as a random server anyway, seems to be drawing a crowd. Regardless even I myself can't get to play much because I keep CTD on hearing helicopter sound effects... Sigh, feels more like I'm renting a FFA server for the whole of Japan to play, instead of our local players. I'm gonna wait it out for a month and see how.

Iron

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2