-=[UO]=- Alliance Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DC Universe Online

2 posters

Go down

DC Universe Online Empty DC Universe Online

Post  Dev Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:35 am

Hey guys, so I've been playing in the DCU beta for few days now and I gotta say I'm quite impressed. It basically plays like an action game you would expect, but retains the "mmo" aspects as well. The game itself runs on the UT 3 engine which basically means it'll run smooth on any decent computer with gorgeous graphics.

If you aren't familiar with it, DCU is a superhero mmo where you create your own hero in the DC universe. The main draw of this game is that it is based in the "DC" world where iconic superheroes and villains are such as Superman, batman, wonderwoman, joker etc.

I've been livestreaming gameplay for a friend and the cool thing is the videos are automatically saved so you can check them out below. Please ignore the short/desktop/cod videos as those were just testing vids. Look for the hour+ videos.

Video 1
Video 2

You'll be seeing more as I continue to stream and you might even catch me livebroadcasting

Dev

Back to top Go down

DC Universe Online Empty Re: DC Universe Online

Post  Losty Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:24 am

When is it coming out?
Losty
Losty

Back to top Go down

Post  Dev Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:04 pm

Jan 11th

Dev

Back to top Go down

Post  Losty Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:21 am

Maybe i shall try that.
Losty
Losty

Back to top Go down

Post  Dev Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:09 pm

If you want to know about gameplay mechanics/pvp/pve/dungeons/raids, ask away.

Dev

Back to top Go down

Post  Losty Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:10 pm

Give me a summary?
Losty
Losty

Back to top Go down

Post  Dev Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:13 am

/summary

wish I could auto type :/

Anyways, it's a action mmo - meaning you fight with click combos on ur mouse. You still have the numerical skills (6 slots to use) and they in conjunction with your click combos is the core fighting mechanic in the game.

PVP is can be open world (pvp server) or instanced (queues).

Quests are streamlined and all voice acted (in the beta under the current level cap at least), so theres no blob of texts to read. You get a quest, you go to where whatever is happening and do it. Most quest chains will involve at least one or two instanced objectives where at the end, you'll face a iconic hero/villain as well as fight them along side a iconic hero/villain (depending on which side you're on).

Graphics wise, like I said, the game looks good and runs well even in beta; so I've no complaints here.

With the archetypes, they've been changing them drastically for a while, so what I say now might not be what it will be. You still have the trinity of tank/healer/dps, but now with an added role called support (think support). Atm, they've made it so that group instances are heavily dependent on the roles. i.e. tank/dps is dependent on healer who is dependent on controller to feed him energy/mana.

This being a superhero mmo, means you can design and create your personalize character and its look. That being said though, the character creator is initially somewhat lacking, but it makes for it with gear. With gear in this game, each major piece (head, chest, leg, feet, waist) will have its own look and once you unlock that look on a character, you can use it whenever you want regardless of what you're actually wearing.

That's all I can think of atm, anything else you wanna know?

Dev

Back to top Go down

Post  Losty Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:56 pm

Is it P2P or F2P? Does it have realms like in WoW or is it like GW?
Losty
Losty

Back to top Go down

Post  Dev Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:44 pm

got pvp/pve servers and its same as any new big name mmo, you need to buy it.

Dev

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down