-=[UO]=- Alliance Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Ops Everything We Know So Far Thread

+2
nemesis
Zerofr@G!
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Black Ops Everything We Know So Far Thread Empty Black Ops Everything We Know So Far Thread

Post  Zerofr@G! Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:10 pm

Here's a lengthy detailed thread on everything to know about Black Ops, a summary of the multiplayer features are appended:

http://www.blackopsforum.com/showthread.php?t=184

Multiplayer Information
* Vehicles will return, but they will be very different than those in Call of Duty: World at War.
* Co-Op is going to be four-player online stand-alone – a unique experience to the single-player. It also supports two-player split-screen.
* There is going to be a "Barebones" playlist which removes things like perks, attachments, killstreaks, etc.
* Treyarch is considering releasing a beta-build test, and has hinted that it is likely.
* Matchmaking is being changed so that it is easier for friends to play together.
* Some campaign levels will be based off of multiplayer maps instead of the typical vice-versa. This is because some multiplayer maps were made before the campaign was finalized.
* Create-a-Class 5.0
* Host migration from MW2 will be included.
* Improved Server browser.
* PC version will have an anti-cheat program named Punkbuster.
* The customized killstreaks will return, but the game-ending Tactical Nuke will not. Kills earned from killstreak rewards will not count towards increasing a player's killstreak.
* The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 perk 'Commando' is not expected to return.
* The PC version of the game will feature dedicated servers.
* Gun & Emblem customization (324 to choose from). You can etch your clan tag on the back of your gun, shape your sight and even change the color of the sight. You can do the same with your emblem.
* Players now have the ability to "dolphin dive".
* A new theater mode has been implemented and you can use a lot of features such as managing segments, adding transitions and even uploading your clip.
* There is now cP or Call of Duty points. You earn these as well as XP as you play and rank up in Blackops multi-player. In BO, you'll be able to purchase guns, attachments, camos, etc after you've reached the required level.
* Dual Wielding will make it's return.
* Combat Training Mode allows for new players to get acquainted with online play vs'ing Bots. It has a totally separate ranking system from regular MP.
* You can buy "contracts" (which are timed challenges) with your CP to earn even more CP with better rewards for more difficult contracts.
* Pro Perks have made their return.
* You can now create custom game modes.
* Perk in Slot 1 will effect how your character looks.
* Max level is 50 and there is a Prestige Mode.
* New Game Mode called "Wager Match" which contains 4 FFA playlists in which you can bet your CP against other players with the top 3 scorers being "In the Money" and the rest gaining 0. Playlists as follows:

- One in the Chamber: Everyone spawns with a pistol with 1 bullet and 3 lives. If you get a kill, you take your enemies bullet and can keep shooting. If you miss, you then have to use a knife.

- Sticks and Stones: Everyone spawns with a Crossbow, Ballistic Knife and Tomahawk. The catch in this gametype is if you are hit by a Tomahawk, you are bankrupted.

- Gun Game: Everyone starts with a pistol and with every kill, your weapon will progress to the next level. The first player who progresses through all the weapons wins the Gun Game. Look out though, if you are knifed, you are knocked down a level.

- Shapshooter - Everyone will spawn with the same randomly selected weapon. You used that gun for a fixed amount of time and only that time and then everyone will get switched out to the next weapon. With each kill, you will earn a perk and eventually a scoring multiplier.
* Tactical Insertion will not be available in FFA and Treyarch is going to be diligently watching the leaderboards and videos for any evidence of cheaters and/or boosters.
* Zombies is officially in Blackops confirmed by achievements list and Treyarch Developers.
* Achievements list indicates new game mode? Dead Ops arcade.

Zerofr@G!
Zerofr@G!
Admin

https://uosg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Black Ops Everything We Know So Far Thread Empty Re: Black Ops Everything We Know So Far Thread

Post  nemesis Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:37 pm

it does sound interesting...
so any release dates or beta?!
nemesis
nemesis

Back to top Go down

Black Ops Everything We Know So Far Thread Empty Re: Black Ops Everything We Know So Far Thread

Post  Zerofr@G! Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:15 pm

nemesis wrote:it does sound interesting...
so any release dates or beta?!

Release date is 9th November, no news of a beta yet. I suspect they will not roll out a beta just like for MW2.
Zerofr@G!
Zerofr@G!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  IvanhoeKX Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:28 am

Black ops sounds way more interesting! I kinda tested the MOH beta for 3 days...and i maxed out the class upgrade till i'm left with only the Tier 1 upgrades left to unlock.. Its really too fast.. Am i wrong to say that there's only that few unlocks for MOH?

IvanhoeKX

Back to top Go down

Post  BL8M@sT3R Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:08 pm

but moca said in the fragnetic forum it's not that bad leh MOH!! juz like cod4!
BL8M@sT3R
BL8M@sT3R

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerofr@G! Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:26 pm

BL8M@sT3R wrote:but moca said in the fragnetic forum it's not that bad leh MOH!! juz like cod4!

Yes it's not bad as a simple shooter and it's certainly trying to emulate the style of CoD4 but i feel it's not even as good as CoD4 (except for the great graphics) because:

- it will not have mods, so you won't get longevity of the game with custom maps and mods.
- it only has about 3 gametypes, and not all maps support all 3 gametypes so gameplay can get boring easily. CoD4 has 7 gametypes out of the box and all official maps can play all gametypes. MOH is following the style of BC2 to offer the missing gametypes for some of it's maps at a later stage as a DLC.
- CoD4 has killcam, strafe and prone.
- guns have little to no recoil. Sniper rifles have no sway, no need to steady the aim.

I personally do not feel MOH will enjoy the popularity and longevity of even CoD4 but for players who wants a simple shooter game with great graphics then MOH is a good choice. However, there are also a couple of free MMOFPS games that can offer this simple gameplay to players, such as Blackshot and A.V.A.
Zerofr@G!
Zerofr@G!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BL8M@sT3R Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:28 pm

ok then i wll juz follow u brothers!!
BL8M@sT3R
BL8M@sT3R

Back to top Go down

Post  kutch Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:37 pm

Zerofr@G! wrote:
- Sniper rifles have no sway, no need to steady the aim.
Suspect

kutch

Back to top Go down

Post  nemesis Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:41 pm

so 1 more month...

the usual question....

minimum specs?! Shocked
nemesis
nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerofr@G! Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:27 pm

nemesis wrote:so 1 more month...

the usual question....

minimum specs?! Shocked

I don't think the system requirements are out yet for BO but your machine should definitely run!
Zerofr@G!
Zerofr@G!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nemesis Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:58 pm

wa...my expectations is not definately run leh...
i dont want running it at red fps leh..
Razz
nemesis
nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post  IvanhoeKX Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:01 am

The review for MOH is out on ign... they gave it a sucky score.. =x

IvanhoeKX

Back to top Go down

Post  IvanhoeKX Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:01 am

Oh! When are we doing MO for Black Ops?

IvanhoeKX

Back to top Go down

Post  nemesis Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:19 pm

IvanhoeKX wrote:Oh! When are we doing MO for Black Ops?
when ivan asks for MO==Mass Orgy

when dennis asks for MO==Mass order...

so ivan...you asking for the first(i believe Razz ) or the latter?!! Very Happy
nemesis
nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post  nemesis Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:25 pm

1 thing i really really hate going through each new game..

learning curve....haiz....

imagine busy unlocking...then get used to weapons and maps and etc....

hopefully it's a short learning curve!!
nemesis
nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerofr@G! Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:24 pm

Sorry my fault, MOH actually has 4 gametypes and not 3! Embarassed
Zerofr@G!
Zerofr@G!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Losty Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:38 pm

If i am not wrong, MoH does have prone as well. But i think MoH is gonna be a modern day Counter-Strike gameplay with CoD elements.

We will definitely go Black Ops from the response here.
Losty
Losty

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerofr@G! Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:09 pm

Losty wrote:If i am not wrong, MoH does have prone as well. But i think MoH is gonna be a modern day Counter-Strike gameplay with CoD elements.

We will definitely go Black Ops from the response here.

MOH in it's original game has prone but not in it's current rendition - MOH 2010 by Dice.
Zerofr@G!
Zerofr@G!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BL8M@sT3R Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:35 pm

lol mass orgy!!!! how bout bukake?
BL8M@sT3R
BL8M@sT3R

Back to top Go down

Post  kutch Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:02 pm

SP got prone & peek .......... MP doesnt, anyways i got it to train up my giddiness Mad Suspect pale

kutch

Back to top Go down

Post  IvanhoeKX Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:48 am

nemesis wrote:
when ivan asks for MO==Mass Orgy

when dennis asks for MO==Mass order...

so ivan...you asking for the first(i believe Razz ) or the latter?!! Very Happy

Eh why you soo "young" already soo cheekoh.. Mass Order lah. Mass Orgy fun meh? Must share with other people.. Not fun lah..

IvanhoeKX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerofr@G! Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:10 am

kuTch wrote:SP got prone & peek .......... MP doesnt, anyways i got it to train up my giddiness Mad Suspect pale

Yea that's because SP and MP are developed by two different companies so the look and feel is different. You should be enjoying this game as sniper is the strongest class! Smile

Last edited by Zerofr@G! on Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Zerofr@G!
Zerofr@G!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerofr@G! Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:10 am

Maybe Dennis can help us to do the MO for BO when the date looms nearer, right Dennis? Wink
Zerofr@G!
Zerofr@G!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nemesis Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:53 pm

do you think it'll be snapped up before you can see it in stores... Shocked
nemesis
nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerofr@G! Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:14 pm

nemesis wrote:do you think it'll be snapped up before you can see it in stores... Shocked

Maybe...hard to say and i think it depends on how much hype is driven for the game prior to launch date. Marketing hype is a very effective tool to drive sales! What doesn't help for this game is that there will not be any local servers (unless GameServers decides to include Singapore as a server location). We will be playing on foreign soil...act brave! Laughing
Zerofr@G!
Zerofr@G!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next