-=[UO]=- Alliance Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best PC FPS is up for Pre-order on steam - Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad

3 posters

Go down

Best PC FPS is up for Pre-order on steam - Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad Empty Best PC FPS is up for Pre-order on steam - Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad

Post  Zerofr@G! Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:35 pm

http://store.steampowered.com/app/35450/

This game will launch on 31st August 2011! It is a realism FPS developed and published by Tripwire Interactive, a company that represents the last bastion of game developers that TRULY supports gamers on the PC platform! Gamers will get mod kit and true dedicated servers from Day 1 of the game release. Anti-cheat will come in the form of a combined Valve-Anticheat + PBBans + PunkBuster.

Trailer:

Key Game Features:
* Red Orchestra multiplayer taken to new heights: The brutal, gritty Red Orchestra gameplay has been enhanced, expanded and made more accessible. Gameplay modes as instantly recognizable as Firefight (Tripwire's take on Team Death Match), single-life gaming redefined in Countdown mode - and the Territory mode already beloved by the hundreds of thousands of Red Orchestra players worldwide.
* Stalingrad Campaign: Before heading online hone your skills in one of two campaigns that recreate the battle for Stalingrad from both the German and Russian sides. Featuring open non-linear environments and unscripted gameplay players make their own path through the battlefield.
* Heroes: Achieve the ultimate goal and become a Hero online. Players with hero status inspire troops around them and cause fear in their enemies. Heroes have access to the best and rarest weapons and will stand out visually from the rest of the soldiers.
* First person cover system: Experience the ultimate firefights that a cover system allows, from the immersion of a first person view. Peek or blind fire over and around cover and more.
* Unique Focus – the Battle of Stalingrad in depth: takes the familiar WWII genre into a unique direction. Far removed from the well-trodden Normandy setting, gameplay is based on fresh scenarios and actions the player has never experienced before. Follow the German army as they assault the city of Stalingrad, to the banks of the Volga. Follow the Soviet army as it holds the city against all the odds then destroys the Axis forces.
* WWII weaponry redefined: true to life ballistics, bullet penetration, breathing, adjustable sights, free aim, weapon bracing, photo-real graphics and more, create WWII weaponry that has no equal.
* Immersive First Person Tank Warfare: experience what it was like to fight inside one of these metal beasts in WWII with the most immersive first person tank warfare ever created. Fully modeled 3d interiors, a full AI crew, and advanced armor and damage systems create a unique tanking experience.
* Morale: Experience what it is like to be a soldier in one of the bloodiest conflicts in history and the importance of a soldier’s state of mind and how it can turn the tide of battle. Suppress your enemies and gain the advantage in combat!
* Persistent Stats Tracking and Player Progression: Persistence constantly gives the gamer something to strive for and keeps them playing. Grow in rank, earn achievements, improve your abilities, and become a Hero!
* Enhanced Unreal® Engine™ 3: Built on an enhanced version of Unreal Engine 3 the game features cutting edge visuals and features.
Zerofr@G!
Zerofr@G!
Admin

https://uosg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Best PC FPS is up for Pre-order on steam - Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad Empty Re: Best PC FPS is up for Pre-order on steam - Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad

Post  Dev Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:20 am

If you preorder now, you get 10% off and if you already own it (like me), you get an extra 10% off

Dev

Back to top Go down

Best PC FPS is up for Pre-order on steam - Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad Empty Re: Best PC FPS is up for Pre-order on steam - Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad

Post  Zerofr@G! Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:12 pm

Dev wrote:If you preorder now, you get 10% off and if you already own it (like me), you get an extra 10% off

Best marketing strategy i have seen that directly rewards gamers who owns the first game. If you own the 1st game you're more than likely enticed to buy the sequel at a 20% discount, even more so as the game has enjoyed great developer support for the last 5 years. Most importantly, you need not worry that there will be a RO3 coming out one year later like the CoD series. Mods will roll out right after RO2 launch together with community maps, ensuring the longevity of this game.
Zerofr@G!
Zerofr@G!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerofr@G! Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:28 pm

Good news...lennard (from Fragnetics and now gamers.com.sg) has expressed interest in hosting a local server for RO2:

http://forums.vr-zone.com/pc-games-haven/1600943-red-orchestra-2-heroes-stalingrad.html

Zerofr@G!
Zerofr@G!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Losty Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:45 am

How is the game play like?
Losty
Losty

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerofr@G! Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:01 am

Losty wrote:How is the game play like?

You can watch this video for gameplay details:

Zerofr@G!
Zerofr@G!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Losty Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:39 pm

Really long interview.

My question would be, are we able still interested in WWII? Cause after the hype of MW3 and BF3, i dont know if its a good idea to go back. Besides the realism is questionable. Do players nowadays go for cover to cover? I didnt really get interested after watching this though.

Sorry if i sounded too negative.
Losty
Losty

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerofr@G! Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:46 pm

Losty wrote:Really long interview.

My question would be, are we able still interested in WWII? Cause after the hype of MW3 and BF3, i dont know if its a good idea to go back. Besides the realism is questionable. Do players nowadays go for cover to cover? I didnt really get interested after watching this though.

Hi Losty, the Red Orchestra games have always garner a niche community who loves realism in their gameplay. The community is not near the numbers of MW and BF games but there are players who enjoys the level of realism that is RO. I think those who enjoy the arcadish gameplay of MW and BF series where kills are aplenty and quick might not have the patience and interest to play RO. There's a lot to handle in RO in terms of weapon handling and how you get kills, you either enjoy the richer aspect of the realism or you get frustrated with it. This is why i have not tried rallying us to play this game, it takes a certain kind of player to enjoy RO.

The draw behind RO is not just it's gameplay but the great company behind it. Amidst sharks like Activision and EA who constantly under-deliver for the PC platform in favour of consoles, Tripwire Interactive is one of the few handful of companies that can deliver a high quality FPS which guarantees value and support dedicated to PC gamers. Everything that a PC gamer is traditionally entitled to is catered for by TWI. You wouldn't feel shortchanged unlike CoD and BF games, the only factor is whether you enjoy realism in a first-person shooter.

You might want to doublecheck your interest further on RO2 by reading through this fact sheet:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=48698

Zerofr@G!
Zerofr@G!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dev Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:45 am

Losty wrote:Really long interview.

I already bought it, shut up and pay.

Dev

Back to top Go down

Post  Losty Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:03 am

I dont want to get a game and not play it. Sucks so bad. Sad
Losty
Losty

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerofr@G! Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:33 am

Losty wrote:I dont want to get a game and not play it. Sucks so bad. Sad

Fair enough losty, get the game that u feel you will play else it's a waste of money and time.
Zerofr@G!
Zerofr@G!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Losty Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:11 pm

ATM i dont think i will get MW3 cause i gave up with the series already. What i am aiming now is BF3. But still i will see until the later point.
Losty
Losty

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerofr@G! Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:29 pm

My priority also goes to BF3 and RO2, not ruling out MW3 completely but that will be a later consideration.
Zerofr@G!
Zerofr@G!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down