-=[UO]=- Alliance Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ART of bringing in traffic for BC2 Servers

3 posters

Go down

The ART of bringing in traffic for BC2 Servers Empty The ART of bringing in traffic for BC2 Servers

Post  Zerofr@G! Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:51 pm

Hi guys,

Thought i would share some experiences with trying to get traffic into BC2 servers, esp. ours.

I shared before that a sure fire way to get a "player rush" into our BC2 servers is to create a new soldier. This worked because a lot of players push the "PLAY NOW" button to get into a game, and the "PLAY NOW" sequence tends to favour putting players into servers which has a new player. Don't ask me why but i have proven it works in a number of occasions. Lately, i have tested with mojo and we have succeeded in getting a rush of players in 2 out of 2 tries. Here's how it worked for us:

1. Mojo creates a new soldier and i stayed in the server with my normal player character.
2. Mojo joins the server with his new soldier and once he's in, i exit out of the server.
3. The moment i exit out of the server, a rush of players comes in. I know because straight out of the server, i opened the "history" tab in the game and saw already 20/32 players in the server.
4. Mojo then straightaway exit the server and rejoins with his regular soldier character. This is to preserve his new soldier as squeaky clean 0 frags 0 kills.

I tried earlier with Slowbe and Blade and it did not work because over the weekend the "PLAY NOW" button stopped working for awhile. Clicking on it gives you a message that "the server is FULL" and thus players could not tap on it to join a random game. This cuts off the rush of players we need as we do not have a staunch local community following to join us. My apologies to Slowbe and Blade for having wasted their time!
Zerofr@G!
Zerofr@G!
Admin

https://uosg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The ART of bringing in traffic for BC2 Servers Empty Re: The ART of bringing in traffic for BC2 Servers

Post  Mojo Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:39 pm

Zerofr@G! wrote:Hi guys,

Thought i would share some experiences with trying to get traffic into BC2 servers, esp. ours.

I shared before that a sure fire way to get a "player rush" into our BC2 servers is to create a new soldier. This worked because a lot of players push the "PLAY NOW" button to get into a game, and the "PLAY NOW" sequence tends to favour putting players into servers which has a new player. Don't ask me why but i have proven it works in a number of occasions. Lately, i have tested with mojo and we have succeeded in getting a rush of players in 2 out of 2 tries. Here's how it worked for us:

1. Mojo creates a new soldier and i stayed in the server with my normal player character.
2. Mojo joins the server with his new soldier and once he's in, i exit out of the server.
3. The moment i exit out of the server, a rush of players comes in. I know because straight out of the server, i opened the "history" tab in the game and saw already 20/32 players in the server.
4. Mojo then straightaway exit the server and rejoins with his regular soldier character. This is to preserve his new soldier as squeaky clean 0 frags 0 kills.

I tried earlier with Slowbe and Blade and it did not work because over the weekend the "PLAY NOW" button stopped working for awhile. Clicking on it gives you a message that "the server is FULL" and thus players could not tap on it to join a random game. This cuts off the rush of players we need as we do not have a staunch local community following to join us. My apologies to Slowbe and Blade for having wasted their time!

Sadly Mojo's noob player was killed while trying to exit server.........therefore score reads 0 frags 1 killed!

Mojo

Back to top Go down

The ART of bringing in traffic for BC2 Servers Empty Re: The ART of bringing in traffic for BC2 Servers

Post  Zerofr@G! Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:59 pm

Mojo if u're lucky ur noob soldier can still be used. Smile

The shortcut approach of this method is to just login with a new soldier and wait a few minutes. Sometimes one new soldier is all you need, you might not need another player's assistance. I succeeded in getting a full server for our frags server a few times this way. Just note that the method does not work when hardcore is enabled as hardcore is not an option in the "PLAY NOW" button.
Zerofr@G!
Zerofr@G!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BL8M@sT3R Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:37 pm

hey uncle dun mention bout the time np for me!! btw gd work to u guys!
BL8M@sT3R
BL8M@sT3R

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerofr@G! Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:26 am

BL8M@sT3R wrote:hey uncle dun mention bout the time np for me!! btw gd work to u guys!

Tnks Blade for your help too! Smile
Zerofr@G!
Zerofr@G!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerofr@G! Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:27 am

I've posted my findings and our tests on the forums in gameservers.com and there's now it's an active thread there with interesting test results from various people there. Check it out!

http://forums.gameservers.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=39565
Zerofr@G!
Zerofr@G!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum